Featured Artist: Francois Leroy

Francois Leroy is an incredibly artist from Paris, France. He’s a personal inspiration for me, and his work is truly a step above most others.
Francois attended traditional art school in Paris, and this more traditional background/training is evident in his work. Whilst many digital artist’s and graphic designers can have a very one dimension portfolio, Francois’ work is often a mix of various media, as well as clearly drawing on his compositional and artistic experience.
Francois is an expert at creating very complex compositions that always have a clear centerpiece. His works are often an intricate mix of colors, lighting and shapes, but somehow always clearly draw the viewers eye. His work ranges from 3D typography to elaborate sketches and photo manipulation art. Francois also seems to have a penchant for distorting the ordinary, taking every day forms and warping them into something unique and intriguing.
I recommend that you go and check out Francois’ full portfolio as he has plenty more great work to offer.

Voyage

Sensitive

Tree for Life

Elsewhere

Ocean

Shapes and Colors

Eat my Brain

Pancake

Zombie

Irony

Isolation

Lonely

That’s All Folks

Electric Diamondstorm

Illumination

Unknown Form

Figura

Rainy Day

Where to Find Francois on the Web:

If you’d like to explore more of Francois’ work then you can check out his various online hangouts: