EXTERNAL PROVIDERS

Fresh Meat
    Hentai Guru

Status

Default Horror Survival RP

In one of forums i used to frequent there was a particular RP thread I had a particular blast with.

It was horror survival RP where we played as college students trying to fend of a sudden plague of the living dead during the blizzard, each character was a blast interacting with and I would love to do something like that again,(That and AvP has me on horror phase lol) what do you guys think about it?

Newcomer
    Super Administrator

Status
    Add TCG-Admin on MySpace Add TCG-Admin on Linkedin Follow TCG-Admin on Tumblr Follow TCG-Admin on Flickr Visit TCG-Admin's Youtube Channel

We are looking for some script that we can use in a thread that would manage an RP in general. Well we have not looked in a while but we need one. I personally liked reading the long text one that was started where Gaara killed DB's ass. LOL

Fresh Meat
    Hentai Guru

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Halo-Admin View Post
    We are looking for some script that we can use in a thread that would manage an RP in general. Well we have not looked in a while but we need one. I personally liked reading the long text one that was started where Gaara killed DB's ass. LOL
    I skimmed through that one, and I found it interesting an entertaining at the same time. In the Zombie one i participated in, in operated very much like a dark corruption of DnD, we created a realistic character from premade stat sheet and while the RP's creator played as a sort of "Dungeoun Master" where she controlled the random events, the zombies, and effectively decided who survived and who died when someone made what could be a fatal mistake during a random event or when faced with a hoard of zombies, especially when someone bum rushed a hoard of them or ran off by himself leaving the others behind.

We could do something similiar, although the multitude of choices you can choose from to base an RP session on are many. But Text RP's and DnD style RP's is the kind of RP i usually play around with.

Hmmm. Me, Jin, and Nihane all partake in RP's as well. We have a group on Myspace that has different realms from different anime styles and what not. We have plans in motion to begin to 'realm jump' or cross different rp realms together.

Community Member
    3D Special Forces
    Awards:
    Community Award

Status
    Follow Dangerboy3D On Twitter Add Dangerboy3D on MySpace Add Dangerboy3D on Linkedin Follow Dangerboy3D on Flickr Visit Dangerboy3D's Youtube Channel

I'm having so much trouble understanding how the RP would run. We were searching for a long time and even tried to copy other sites. Still it didn't make a lot of sense. What I was seeing is each player basically writes up their actions or thoughts into their post, but they don't seem to have dialog with other players. Also there is the important factor of the narrator for the actual game. I played something similar called Marvel Superheros by TSR in the 80's and like all TSR games, you have a narrator or game-master so to speak. The guy that tells the situations and rolls the dice for you.

Have not had enough time but I am working on the random action/number in the message post so that when a player wants to execute an action, they hit a button that will ask for a description and generate a percentage number that will be posted. As an example.. The narrator tells me that this guy said something about my mama. Then I post my reply (I enter from the message menu - I bitch-slap that fool)... The result (in my post window after I hit submit)
    Action = I bitch-slap that fool - 77%
    This posts my action with the percentage of success. The narrator determines the percentage level of success like 20%. So if the player's action gets higher than 20%, it's a successful action.

Still I am confused about how a game will run if you don't use a narrator to run it. That's basically the guy that makes the situations and decisions based on the player's actions.

Does any of this make sense?

Well take a gander at what we have on Myspace here. I find this to be one of the best ways to partake in a RP

Official League of Myspace Role-Players | MySpace Groups

Community Member
    3D Special Forces
    Awards:
    Community Award

Status
    Follow Dangerboy3D On Twitter Add Dangerboy3D on MySpace Add Dangerboy3D on Linkedin Follow Dangerboy3D on Flickr Visit Dangerboy3D's Youtube Channel

Looks like folks really love to get into this. Actually it was pretty interesting with that long-life-text one. The only problem was that a good friend of mine had a homo kill my character. Sorry I meant emo!?

Still I am looking at the entries for the "Naruto" section since it's the only thing I can really relate to. I didn't see a common mission that the players were taking part in. More like random entries and they all seem to try and flow their entry to match others. Nihane-Chan mentioned something about god-modding once but I forgot what it meant. I think that's when your entry is like more than 10000 words. One of the problems I believe we had before was where members could not think of what to write. Sort of puts a stalemate on the course of the story.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is if it would be worth a try to see how a dictated scenario would run with the use of actual character sheets, stats, cash... almost like a real rp? Well the ones I've come to know anyway.

Lurker
    Certified Narutard, Inu-tard extraordinare
    Awards:
    User with most referrers

Status
    Follow Nihane-chan On Twitter

I know this is totally random and i haven't been around in forever, sorry... BUT XD I have a new acquaintance who is running his own RP site based on WarHammer, but he uses a website to do actual dice rolling... here's the link!! I hope this is what you've been looking for forever DB <3

Go check out my Sims2 Creations in the Gallery!

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy3D View Post
    Still I am looking at the entries for the "Naruto" section since it's the only thing I can really relate to.
    Don't be intimidated by the other sections. For the most part you don't have to know anything about the anime itself, just the kind of world and powers one has in it

I didn't see a common mission that the players were taking part in. More like random entries and they all seem to try and flow their entry to match others. Nihane-Chan mentioned something about god-modding once but I forgot what it meant. I think that's when your entry is like more than 10000 words.
    God-modding is when someone basically plays invincible and is way to powerful. Like say I attacked you with a powerful move and you just brushed it off and then 'killed me' or something, instead of thinking of a way to dodge the move or counter it. Our Rp's usually have no dictated missions. We have one person who just runs the whole site, but we usually come up with whatever we are going to do as we go along. It allows for more artistic freedom and gives our characters a lot more personality since we have no set way to act. Although we model the characters we use from animes after their counterparts, we might modify a few characteristics of their personality, or their situation. In the case of this particular group, we are setting the scene in each of our sections, setting up the characters personalities, backgrounds, and situations for when we begin the realm jumping.

Community Member
    3D Special Forces
    Awards:
    Community Award

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Nihane-chan View Post
    I know this is totally random and i haven't been around in forever, sorry... BUT XD I have a new acquaintance who is running his own RP site based on WarHammer, but he uses a website to do actual dice rolling... here's the link!! I hope this is what you've been looking for forever DB <3
    Very interesting how they did this but it does not look integrated with the storyline. Maybe manual if anything.

Come back here! You know people miss you around here don't you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torkuitsu View Post
    Don't be intimidated by the other sections. For the most part you don't have to know anything about the anime itself, just the kind of world and powers one has in it.
    I appreciate that. I shall be an anime noob forever. Ok so the powers available is one of the things I was looking for. Like for instance, you have the ability to throw a fireball from your hands, but what is the range, how much damage does it do, how does this affect your character when you use it... stuff like that. Some of the sites I've seen do list them (can't remember them), but they start out as basic abilities that you can improve as you gain more experience. I get this feeling that some of this goes into a void with text RP games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torkuitsu View Post
    God-modding is when someone basically plays invincible and is way to powerful. Like say I attacked you with a powerful move and you just brushed it off and then 'killed me' or something, instead of thinking of a way to dodge the move or counter it. Our Rp's usually have no dictated missions. We have one person who just runs the whole site, but we usually come up with whatever we are going to do as we go along. It allows for more artistic freedom and gives our characters a lot more personality since we have no set way to act. Although we model the characters we use from animes after their counterparts, we might modify a few characteristics of their personality, or their situation. In the case of this particular group, we are setting the scene in each of our sections, setting up the characters personalities, backgrounds, and situations for when we begin the realm jumping.
    This sounds really interesting what you guys are doing. Realm jumping. I would love to see characters from certain anime flip to others. Ok so god-modding. I know these kinda people. Still there is no real fun in playing a role if nothing can kill you so I don't understand why they would bother. It would be boring. Not to mention unfair to the other players. I though I was actually doing that when I was writing huge posts, but I was actually trying to narrate a combined situation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy3D View Post
    I appreciate that. I shall be an anime noob forever. Ok so the powers available is one of the things I was looking for. Like for instance, you have the ability to throw a fireball from your hands, but what is the range, how much damage does it do, how does this affect your character when you use it... stuff like that. Some of the sites I've seen do list them (can't remember them), but they start out as basic abilities that you can improve as you gain more experience. I get this feeling that some of this goes into a void with text RP games.
    In this case, the range is not a limited thing, the rp-er basically gets to decide all his stats and whatnot. Usually, we have our move list located in a blog on our characters main page.

Example:
    Ion Cloud - Releases a caustic cloud over enemy that dissolves armor weapons and irritates flesh.

Ripper Wave - When blade is swung, releases hordes of curved blades that shred through anything they come across

Berserker Cannon - Charges a powerful energy beam that is fueled by the rage of the user. When released, it can have devestating effects on the surrounding area.

Stun Strike - Produces a momentary blinding flash. Useful for quick escape situations.

Black Dragon Form - Caused by unimaginable mental anguish or when presented with a impossible situation. Becomes more sadistic, powerful, evil, and faster.

Omen of Death - Finisher - Blade plunges into enemy and releases several spiked appendages that pierce the skin from the inside as well as internal organs. That is quickly followed by an explosion that emits from the tip of the blade and travels up the spikes and outward, throughly obliterating the enemy.

Now my list of moves is going to different than others because of the two elements that Torky has mastery over. Each time you create a character, you get to decide it's move list, if it applies you get to decide what element you choose too. As for things like damage, and what effect it has, we usually decide based on the situation the character is in. If it's the first fight of the Rp, it's going to be much more effective and less fatigue giving, than say ....you were being pursued without rest for days, then finally have to confront the enemy in a battle. At that point your moves are going to be less effective, and more tiring. It's basically an unspoken rule of Rping.

Community Member
    3D Special Forces
    Awards:
    Community Award

Status

Sorry I have not posted in a while. I'm close to developing something that I'd like for us to try. More like a beta for a RPG solution.

Thread Information