A while back I was discussing this with Gaara about making a scenario where a member would be accused of something and come in here to defend themselves. The way I visioned it was like a court room setting where the accused member and the charging member would go at it. This is a basic outline of what I was thinking about, and I'd actually like to try this and see how it turns out. The objective was to give a member a fighting chance instead of just banning them like other places do... sometimes without reason. Anyway, here's what I got.
1. The accuser or GAPD agent makes a thread that the accused member has to take part in.
2. The accused will have the right to defend themselves or select an advocate from any member of the forum.
3. The accused will have the right to a single judge (forum staff) of their choice or a majority forum wide vote.
1. Public Humiliation - for a duration
2. Community Service - Something mundane like submitting links manually
3. Durational Banishment - Couple of days and add to criminal record thread.... Which I have no clue why I'm on there!?
4. Capital Banishment - Account deleted and good bye like the spammers.
Now I'm just throwing this out there for the reason that it's fair to the members to have an opportunity to defend themselves.. which makes us certainly different from other sites. Also it can be kinda fun as well.
Let me know if you guys think this is a good idea so I can tell you the second part.