EXTERNAL PROVIDERS

Community Member
    3D Special Forces
    Awards:
    Community Award

Status
    Follow Dangerboy3D On Twitter Add Dangerboy3D on MySpace Add Dangerboy3D on Linkedin Follow Dangerboy3D on Flickr Visit Dangerboy3D's Youtube Channel

Scr SymQuestion Idea for This Section

A while back I was discussing this with Gaara about making a scenario where a member would be accused of something and come in here to defend themselves. The way I visioned it was like a court room setting where the accused member and the charging member would go at it. This is a basic outline of what I was thinking about, and I'd actually like to try this and see how it turns out. The objective was to give a member a fighting chance instead of just banning them like other places do... sometimes without reason. Anyway, here's what I got.

Basic Workflow
    1. The accuser or GAPD agent makes a thread that the accused member has to take part in.
    2. The accused will have the right to defend themselves or select an advocate from any member of the forum.
    3. The accused will have the right to a single judge (forum staff) of their choice or a majority forum wide vote.

Punishment?
    1. Public Humiliation - for a duration
    2. Community Service - Something mundane like submitting links manually
    3. Durational Banishment - Couple of days and add to criminal record thread.... Which I have no clue why I'm on there!?
    4. Capital Banishment - Account deleted and good bye like the spammers.

Now I'm just throwing this out there for the reason that it's fair to the members to have an opportunity to defend themselves.. which makes us certainly different from other sites. Also it can be kinda fun as well.

Let me know if you guys think this is a good idea so I can tell you the second part.

Lurker
    Certified Narutard, Inu-tard extraordinare
    Awards:
    User with most referrers

Status
    Follow Nihane-chan On Twitter

That might be fun for us, and a bit more fair for those accused. However, its going to take up a lot of time, something not a lot of people have.

Go check out my Sims2 Creations in the Gallery!

Community Member
    Community Member
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Status

Well, time is an issue here : But seriously, all we need is the prosecutor (whoever is brining the charges against someone else) bringing the case, then the defendant (or his/her) agent bringing the arguments against the accusation. If the prosecutor has something to say about the statement of the defendant (or his/her agent) - they will get their turn again, otherwise the trial is ready for the verdict... remember, unlike the real court settings, we don't actually have to be here all the time during the proceedings. If I'm charging someone with something, I can make my statement and go eat dough-nuts (screw you, DB!!! ), while the defendant is trying to refute what I have said... when I come back - I check if I have something to say... if I don't, I simply reply, "Prosecution rests" - and go eat some more dough-nuts. They it's up to the jury (or the judge) to decide guilt/innocence and punishment. We do need a couple of judges, though... including the Superior Judge so that we have the way to appeal court decisions. However, if the Superior Judge himself/herself decides on the case, then the decision can only be appealed to the Admins... that's why some Admins have to be free from holding positions here like Chief of APD or Chief of IA, so that they can be impartial... yeah... that sounds pretty American-style, doesn't it? It doesn't matter that nothing is behind those words, right? Well, we're going to change that

Community Member
    Community Member
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Status

Oh, yeah... on the punishment... we have to have the way to enforce that... that's why "Community Service" isn't really a good option... unless it is offered in lieu of, let's say, a temporary ban, and the defendant accepts it. Other than that...
    Public Humiliation - could be fun... but it can become permanent for the person... because, psychologically, we can get used to treating the person like that...
    Banishment - hell, yeah! Perfect option!
    I'm also thinking of "Restricted use"... the most often punishment of that type would be the temporary removal of "18+" privileges on the Defendant's account, so he/she cannot go look through that dirty stuff that that Pervy Captain has uploaded...
    We may also give the person probation... so that any new infraction automatically results in a temporary ban...
    There are lots of options, really... we just need more people and more activity...

Thread Information