EXTERNAL PROVIDERS

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Community Member
    3D Special Forces
    Awards:
    Community Award

Status
    Follow Dangerboy3D On Twitter Add Dangerboy3D on MySpace Add Dangerboy3D on Linkedin Follow Dangerboy3D on Flickr Visit Dangerboy3D's Youtube Channel

Green Bd How Do You Like It?

We Wanna Know What You Think!

Yes, I know everyone is probably saying "Oh what's he up to this time?".. Well maybe something good for a change. This time I'm after what people think about this place. Yes, "I beat the Admins to it once again.. HA". Still it's something everyone discussed a while back and we did not really put something in place for it. Now to remind all of you, the entire community is really all about you. We can add and change but it's defeating the purpose unless it's something the community think is cool for them. This thread is all about that. To make things short. What I think we should be asking the members is:

- How to you feel about this community?
    - Do we have enough features or too many?
    - What do you want to see happen here?
    - Do you have ideas you want us to try?
    - Is the staff doing enough or too little?
    - Are we responsive to your needs

Things like this, but it's starting to sound like an S.O.P so I'll stop. You guys are smart so I think you get the idea. In a nutshell... Is this place the community "YOU" want it to be?

Community Member
    Community Member
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Status

So far the only need I see is some members and more activity...

I agree. As a whole I like the community here. Everyone is open minded and up for new ideas. My only beef is the lack of variety here, but it is to be expected this early on in the sites development. As you get more people posting, that will come.

Community Member
    3D Special Forces
    Awards:
    Community Award

Status
    Follow Dangerboy3D On Twitter Add Dangerboy3D on MySpace Add Dangerboy3D on Linkedin Follow Dangerboy3D on Flickr Visit Dangerboy3D's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Sabaku no Gaara View Post
    So far the only need I see is some members and more activity...
    I feel the same at times but I remember how crazy things got for me in the past couple of months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torkuitsu View Post
    I agree. As a whole I like the community here. Everyone is open minded and up for new ideas. My only beef is the lack of variety here, but it is to be expected this early on in the sites development. As you get more people posting, that will come.
    I agree. I for one can't help there as I only know Naruto stuff. I use to watch some movies a long time ago like Ninja Scroll and Akira, but I hardly feel qualified to post topics on them. Even the Naruto stuff I post will be in the form of a question. Some of the members seem more occupied in supporting their favorite fanclubs rather than getting new topics going. Not sure how to get more topics going to be honest. I can tell you that we're pulling every trick in the book to increase the community and hope we get more variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy3D View Post
    Some of the members seem more occupied in supporting their favorite fanclubs rather than getting new topics going..
    I hear you here. I don't know how one can discuss how much they love a certain character or group of characters for that long. Maybe a few posts, or discussion after they do something new or unexpected, but that's about it. To make a forum successful, we have to be open to new topics and doing more than talking about one or two animes. That means watching more, getting more involved in other discussions, and stop fawning over your fan clubs.

Can you blame them, though? People find safety in fan clubs. No one will bash said character there, and hopefully they won't bash anyone else. Fanclubs are generally much nicer than anything else.

I see them as a way to hide from people who have different opinions.
    This is just my opinion but if you join a forum, you know full well that there are going to other people who don't agree with you. Why join, if you're just going to hide? It's kind of like going to an amusement park and just sitting on a bench all day, you were better off never doing it to begin with.

Now understandibly, some people are shy at first. That I can understand, but the fact that almost no one else here posts anywhere but the fanclubs is getting ridiculous.

I understand where you're getting at. Some people can't handle other peoples opinions. I can. I've tried to post in topics outside of fanclubs, at least in the topics I enjoyed.

Community Member
    3D Special Forces
    Awards:
    Community Award

Status

I see where you're both coming from. That is one of the things we felt we can eliminate here. It's not right for folks to be afraid to say anything at all.. I mean that's the whole idea of making it "your community". Ok look at the anime court-house thing in the legal section. We intentionally made that for folks to go there and have their disputes... with moderation of course. We just never tried it out yet which is not a bad idea. You're both mods I think so this is where you would get to play judge, advocate, or defense for each person... We should give this a try... It might be fun. Gaara, Temari-Chan, and Nihane-Chan should have a closer look at what you guys brought up here.

Since I'm the only tech support at the moment. How do you guys feel about style, layout, features... Something missing? You don't like the colors or graphics? too slow?... just anything. Now say what you want as well and be honest. You would have to do a lot to hurt my feelings.

Community Member
    Community Member
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Status

I think the graphics is superior... we have the RPG, and we have the gallery - come on!! Those features along should be a good attention-getter...
    The problem that was mentioned is the lack of themes for discussion... it goes beyond that... it goes to the very basics - the lack of people... a handful of people can only discuss a handful of topics, right?
    Right now we must decide on how we can bring more people in... honestly, I'm out of ideas... we basically offer free unlimited hosting for anime and art images... we offer the fun game to play, although it is still being created... and we have opportunities for people to basically start talking about the anything that they want to talk about - all they have to do is ask for a sub-forum. We're recruiting new mods, so those who're willing not only to chat but help are welcome...
    Our problem is.. people don't know us much yet... popularity doesn't come instantly... we've been open for less than a yeah, and we have accomplished a lot... when we get the ability to stream anime - we will experience an explosion of members, so be ready...

Well activity as jumped as of recently. I would like to thank Ino and Safari_Chan for getting in on that, its making it that much more lively around here. It's progress, but it's only the start. Like DB and Gaara mentioned, we need to get more people in here, and get some of our lurking members and guests to actually stay and/or join the site. I joined because it was suggested by Nihane, and I'm trying to get people to join too. I'm trying as an experienced and avid anime fan to help expand the site as much as possible. We all need to do our part.

/end epic speech

Lurker
    Dancing in the waves

Status

Well activity as jumped as of recently. I would like to thank Ino and Safari_Chan for getting in on that, its making it that much more lively around here. It's progress, but it's only the start. Like DB and Gaara mentioned, we need to get more people in here, and get some of our lurking members and guests to actually stay and/or join the site. I joined because it was suggested by Nihane, and I'm trying to get people to join too. I'm trying as an experienced and avid anime fan to help expand the site as much as possible. We all need to do our part.

/end epic speech
    I would like to say your welcome. What we need here is more topics more discussion.

/end epic speech
    You're very welcome.

Community Member
    3D Special Forces
    Awards:
    Community Award

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Safari_Chan View Post
    I would like to say your welcome. What we need here is more topics more discussion.
    Wish I could help there. I'm not the best qualified. You'll find most of the topic I start are pretty generalized but I try to make it entertaining. I'm trying to beat out the admins... I think I'm winning.

Quote Originally Posted by InoxYamanaka View Post
    You're very welcome.
    Like I said a couple of times, this place is blessed with folks like you all... I mentally group hug all of you.

On another note, I am going to get back into Deviant and start posting stuff with links here. Try and see if we can't get some anime fans our way. Also our search engine stats suck because the keywords are not so great with the popularity.. I guess it does not help to be honest these days. We'll see what can be done to improve the stats and attract more folks. Again, if you guys have any ideas or things you wanna see then post it here. I guess I can speak for the admins on this but although your support is golden, this place should be the way you want it. I personally just want a cool place where I can hang-out and talk crap.. have a few laughs.. That means a lot to me.

Lurker
    Dancing in the waves

Status

That's way I stared some topics as you can see

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information