Creating a Zombie Video Game Cover
You guys have been requesting tutorials that have more practical outcomes. In this tutorial we will be creating a zombie video game cover, which will teach you some of the basics of product packaging and advertising. With this tutorial we will be covering major topics like:
- Working with Custom Shapes
- Advanced Lighting
- Digital Painting
- Working with the Ruler Tool
- Advanced color correction
- and many more interesting topics interesting topics on product cover design.
As always, this is the final image that well be creating:
Resources Used In This Tutorial
- Main Character mjranum-stock
- Zombie Woman mjranum-stock
- Zombie Shapes tmwors
- Tree Brushes markyfan
- Tree png spacenewt
- Corner tree 1 gd08
- Corner Tree 2 gd08
- Rain Brush amorphisss
- Grunge Brush brusheezy.com
- Title Font fontzone
- Beyond the Mist brusheezy.com
- Smoke Brush brusheezy.com
- Window free-photoshop.net
- Night Sky sxc.hu
- Dead Tree sxc.hu
- Axe sxc.hu
- Axe Blade sxc.hu
- Mud Road 1 sxc.hu
- Mud Road 2 sxc.hu
- Sign Board sxc.hu
- Concrete Texture sxc.hu
- Metal Texture sxc.hu
- Tie sxc.hu
In this step we will be creating the mud road for the BG.
1) Import the image of the mud road on to the canvas and place it as shown.
2) To expand the width of the road, import the image of another mud road image and place it on the right side of previously created road. Use a layer mask to blend the images together smoothly.
3) Duplicate the previously created layer and place it on the left side of the road as shown.
In this step we will be creating a full moon sky.
1) Create a new layer under the ground layer and fill in with Black color.
2) Now import the image of the full moon sky on to the canvas and place it as shown.
In this step we will be introducing the main character in the scene.
1) Import the image of the model on to the canvas and place it as shown.
2) Now create an Exposure adjustment layer and set the Exposure to +2.25.
3) Using the Brightness/Contrast adjustment layer set the Brightness to 103 and Contrast level to 21.
4) To blend the light shade on the model with the moon light paint a color gradient with the color #588892 on a new layer placed above the Model layer. Then set the Blending mode of the layer to Overlay.
5) Now by using the Hue/Saturation adjustment layer set the Hue level to 189 and Saturation level to 25. Make sure to check the Colorize box before adjusting the Hue and Saturation levels.
In this step we will be color correcting the Sky and the ground.
1) Create a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer to the sky layer and check the Colorize box, then set the Hue to 189 and Saturation level to 25.
2) Create Curves adjustment layer to the ground folder and set the Blue and Red curves as shown.
3) Now create an Exposure adjustment layer to the ground folder and set the Exposure level to -0.63 and Gamma Correction to 0.56.
4) Now de-saturate the ground layer by -51 using Hue/Saturation adjustment layer.
5) Create another Exposure Adjustment layer to the ground folder and set the Exposure level to -0.51 and Gamma Correction to 0.74.